Wednesday, April 20, 2016

9 Summer Movies I'm Most Excited For

SUMMER MOVIE SEASON IS UPON US! Guys, Summer 2015 was so fun to write about, and I get to do it again this year! Nobody really knows when Summer Movie Season begins and ends, but it's usually when the first big movie is released. So here are some movies to look out for when you want to escape the scorching heat and the possibility of a Donal Trump presidency. The movies are in order of release date. FYI I'm skipping Captain America: Civil War because come on. You don't need me to tell you to go see that.
The Nice Guys (May 20)
Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling star in this action comedy, from ace writer/director Shane Black (Iron Man 3). Hopefully this movie will have Black's off-kilter wit and physical gags.
Finding Dory (June 17)
Finding Nemo is probably my favorite Pixar movie, so I'm pumped for the sequel. I'm sure it'll be great fun, especially with the hysterical Ellen DeGeneres returning for her most iconic screen role.
The BFG (July 1)
Spielberg takes a break from historical dramas for this sweet fantasy story, based on the novel by Roald Dahl. Oscar winner Mark Rylance plays the giant, and it looks so charming.
The Secret Life of Pets (July 8)
The trailer for this movie has been really fun, with pets getting into trouble when the owners are away. The star cast is pretty fun, including Louis CK, Kevin Hart, Lake Bell, and Eric Stonestreet,
Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates (July 8)
Zac Efron, Adam Devine, Anna Kendrick, and Aubrey Plaza star in what looks to be the R rated rom-com of the season. The premise-two brothers post an ad for wedding dates online--promises some major hijinks.
Ghostbusters (July 15)
Paul Feig reunites with Bridesmaids stars Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy--adding in Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon--for this reboot, Every misogynist word against this movie empowers me.
Suicide Squad (August 5)
As little faith as I have in the DC Extended Universe, I'm pretty pumped for this movie. Partly because of the cast--Margot Robbie, Viola Davis, Will Smith. Looks like a wild, entertaining ride.
Sausage Party (August 12)
I like immature bro comedies sometimes, and this one got some good reviews at South by Southwest Film Festival. I like most of the cast, and it's cool to see an R rated animated movie.
Pete's Dragon (August 12)
I loved Pete's Dragon as a kid, and after Cinderella and The Jungle Book, I am so on board for live-action re-imaginings. The movie looks pretty solid, though the potential for trainwreck is high.

Some other interesting movies: Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising, X-Men: Apocalypse, Warcraft, Central Intelligence, Jason Bourne. What are you looking forward to this summer?

Like what you read? Please like my blog at Facebook.com/MathurMarquee. Also, follow me on Twitter @HippogriffRider. Agree? Disagree? Sound off in the comments below!

No comments: